Monday, March 9, 2009

A Shrinking World

Today, we just had quite a time with Pastor Josh and Georgie Kelsey from C3. I must say, talking to them makes me feel like the world is getting smaller and smaller. They introduced us to this thing called Twitter... which basically allows people to know what their friends are doing. You can even receive messages on your phone if your network allows it.

First it was Friendster--now hardly anyone goes on there. I heard someone comment that only the "ah-bengs" and "ah-lians" still stay in touch with Friendster... now I don't really know whether that is true or not, but surely Friendster is no longer the in-thing.

Next, it was Facebook--now, I am not saying I am giving up Facebook. How could I? After Ming Jian and Mong got me stuck on Mousehunt I can barely leave my computer alone... Hmmm.... maybe I should take a facebook fast so that I can practice not being distracted every 15 minutes by the temptation to make a horn call...

But, okay, so now it seems like Twitter is getting wired... So, if it really does take off I think it will be interesting to be able to follow what certain people are doing... like the people in the CG or the leaders... 

Well, let's wait and see the fate of Twitter in Heart of God Church.... :)



P.S. Have you guys checked out the Heart of God Church facebook? :)

1 comment:

raynorgan said...

Hey Yassy,

They are right about Twitter. It was a phenomenon in the States, President Obama used it to run his presidential campaign. And recently, India hopped onto the same bandwagon.

Nearer to home, the news of the death of the NTU student hit Twitter first before the mainstream media.

Technology sure brings in timely information about friends and the world you care about.

I'm actually doing an assignment on such social-media technologies. I thought it's very apt to implement in HOGC though =) Really helps connect people, especially in this fast-paced Singaporean lifestyle.

Try it when you're free. haha.