Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mac is Great

The office has converted to the apple!

It took a while for me to catch on, but I got a mac at a way cool (a.k.a. cheap) price just this month 'cause my aunt from the U.S. came to the Philippines while I was there. Woohoo! :)


If you don't trust the sheer of volume of converts or the fact that it's really really really pretty, I am delightedly willing to share my recently discovered joys of mac. Allow me to name a few...

1. spaces -- a program that allows you to separate your work into different windows so you don't have to rummage through stacks of excel sheets to find what you were working on :)

2. expose -- if spaces isn't enough, this function allows you to "expose" all the sheets you are working on in a particular window so you can easily find what you want to work on

3. dashboard -- a way cool setting that's like another screen where you can put real cool applications called widgets--some widgets can be useful like a Bible Gateway or Google search, while others are just pretty like the lava lamp. :P


4. dock -- the cool looking thing where you put all the stuff you want easy access to--and AND! you can make it pretty too!! by having it magnify as you mouse over the items! haha! :)


5. mighty mouse -- speaking of the mouse, the wireless mighty mouse can scroll 360 degrees! you can also program it to go to spaces or even the dashboard! so cool! :)

I must say... I'm far from done exploring the mac... but it's working out to be more than expected. :)

No comments: