Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy to Find Kindred Spirit



My church posted this video on YouTube recently.
It is a video that was show on our Academic Excellence weekend.

Truth is I feel strongly when I hear these stories even though I came to Singapore to work and not to study. This is something that resounded in my heart even when I was studying back in the Philippines. I always believed, as Pastor How says, that we can do well and do good at the same time. I may not have put it in those words... but, well, I guess living it out is more important than using the same lingo.

My days in school are ones that I look back on fondly.
Doing well in school was always something I valued. I really did believe that doing well would glorify God. But I didn't want to go back on serving God. So, throughout my schooling days, I would be serving, organizing youth camps, heading youth fellowships, singing and acting in my church group. On top of that I joined Christian choral and theater groups to do outreach programs. Throughout my University days, I remember how packed my week was. Monday and Friday nights were were for choral group rehearsals. Tuesday to Thursday was for theater rehearsals. Saturdays and Sundays were spent for church activities. But true to HOGC beliefs, I always made time for family too - every Saturday morning was for breakfast/brunch with the parents and Sunday lunch and dinner was always with family. After school I would maximize the hours by either studying or going out with my mum. I guess... that's why when I came to Heart of God Church I felt such and affinity to what was being preached. The tripod of family, church and school is something that was lived out in my own life.

Oh, and sure enough, I graduated summa cum laude, overall 4th in my whole University, which was the top Uni in the country. I will share my misadventures of choosing a University one day - but let's just say... I didn't enter the Uni as a likely candidate for the top spot.

I believe in Academic Excellence.
Sure glad my church teaches it.

Love my life.

P.S. I haven't been blogging in a while, so I promise to get my blogging brevity back soon. :)

To find out more about Heart of God Church's Academic Excellence, you can visit www.heartofgodchurch.org or see some of the YouTube videos by Pastor Tan Seow How. These are the links: http://youtu.be/-VwbwUG7ohg ; http://youtu.be/wi5CZxj9o-s

No comments: