Monday, July 28, 2008

Time Passes Fast

I just had to post about this.

I got a message from a friend in the Philippines that she just got engaged to another friend. Two things - they're getting married on the 21st of November 2009, one day before my 25th birthday, AND I've known Charles since I was like 13! Time passes so quickly. (Congratulations Charles & Kaye)

It's not just that, I was looking at some people's blogs and friendster accounts and I realized, the kids I used to teach Vacation Bible School to when they were Primary 1 are now in university!

I also, realize, that it's been more than 3 years since I've been in Singapore and almost 3 years since I've been in Heart of God Church! That's almost the length of my secondary school life, which at the time felt like it was taking forever to finish. 

It really is true that time flies by. Before you know it the things that you once talked about as current affairs become part of history (the airplanes crashing into the Twin Towers happened 7 years ago!), the people you thought you knew so intimately have grown up and changed, and the decisions that we made have led us down a path we never imagined we'd be in.

Time passes quickly so the little things in life matter. Every choice made, every word spoken, every moment spent.

No comments: